Life can be…unpredictable. And while surprises are sometimes exciting, they often present financial challenges as well. That’s why Salal has made it easier for members to keep a little extra cash handy when life’s surprises surprise us!
Now members are able to request to skip a monthly payment on a loan directly from our website, salalcu.org, at their convenience. Members may request skips on any eligible loan up to two times a year, but there must be at least sixty (60) days between skips on the same loan. Fill out the skip request coupon and mail, fax or carry it in—requesting a skip is that simple. Of course, there are eligibility requirements that both the member and the loan must meet, so please visit our website.
More information on our Skip a Payment program is available here on our website. Please read the Skip page carefully, and feel free to call us at 800.562.5515 or 206.298.9394 if you still have questions or concerns.
Please remember, if you skip a payment on a loan,
- interest will continue to accrue;
- deferring your payment will result in your having to pay additional interest;
- the payment deferral will extend the terms of your loan(s);
- you will be required to resume your payments the following month; and
- a fee of $25 will be charged for this service at the time the request is processed.