For general Online Banking and Bill Pay questions, check our Frequently Asked Questions.
Difficulty logging on? You may need to upgrade your browser or enable cookies. Click here for instructions.
NEW: Help for Mac users!
SUPPORTED BROWSERS FOR ONLINE BANKING:
- Current and prior major releases of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) and Firefox.
- Safari 5.1.7 ONLY (5.1.4, 5.1.5 are not supported)
If you currently pay bills with Salal’s Bill Pay, your Bill Pay history will be available back to February 2011. When you log on to the new Bill Pay, you’ll find your history under a special tab.
Coming July 23! We think members are going to love our new Online Banking and Bill Pay, where users will be able to do much more with increased security. To make sure you’re ready to go on July 23, here are a few things you need to know:
Logging onto the new system for the first time is easy! (Click here for a printable version of these instructions.) Simply go to our website, salalcu.org, and find the Online Banking log in box on the upper right-hand corner of your screen. For the first-time log in only, your User ID is your Salal member number, and the password is the last 4 digits of the primary member’s Social Security number.
You’ll have the opportunity to review and accept our Online Banking agreement, after which you’ll be asked to create your new User ID and password.
- User IDs may be between 4 and 12 characters long and must start with a letter.
- Passwords may be between 6 and 10 characters long, and 2 characters must be non-alpha (numbers or special characters such as *&%). Please note @ is not an eligible character.
Now it’s time to choose your watermark. This image, chosen by you, will appear on every page of Online Banking. If ever you don’t see your image, log off immediately and contact Salal CU—your watermark is your guarantee that you’re on Salal’s secure Online Banking site.
Finally, choose your security questions and answers. These help us identify you. If there is action on your Online Banking that seems uncharacteristic, or if you log in from a computer our system doesn’t recognize, we’ll request the user answer the security questions you’ve established. It’s unlikely a random hacker knows your first pet was named “Thumper,” and the security questions may help protect against fraudsters tampering with your account.
If you’re already registered with Salal’s Online Banking and/or Bill Pay,
- Bill Pay users:
- Existing Bill Payees, automatic payments and recurring bill payments will automatically transfer from the current system to our new system.
- With the new Bill Pay, payments sent by check will be deducted from your account when the recipient deposits the check, not when you enter the payment. This may take a day or two longer than you’re used to, so be aware your account balance may not immediately reflect the payment deduction. Payments sent electronically will be deducted when sent.
- On the new system, Bill Pay requests or changes to existing bill payments submitted by noon on a business day will occur that day; requests submitted after noon will take place the following business day.
- Your Bill Pay history will be available back to February 2011, so it’s not necessary to download your history. However, should you wish to download Bill Pay history from the current system before July 19 at 2 pm, here’s how.
- If you have payments by eBill, you’ll need to set up those payees on the new system, as they will not automatically transfer. Click here for instructions.
Quicken users: You’ll need to recreate your Quicken account on the new system on or after July 23. Here are some recommendations to ensure your Quicken downloads work smoothly after our upgrade:
- Before July 20, you may want to download your transactions to Quicken. Online Banking downloads will be unavailable from July 20-23.
- Before July 20, deactivate the automatic download to your current Quicken. Not deactivating the automatic download could result in a duplication of accounts when you reregister with Salal’s new Online Banking program. Deactivating your account prior to our upgrade should avoid this problem.
- On or after July 23, reactivate your Quicken from our new Online Banking.
If you’re not currently an Online Banking user, please note the current system will be unavailable for new enrollments after July 14. Our new system will be available beginning July 23.
July 19 at 2 pm: last day to schedule a new bill payment.
July 20 – July 22: Online Banking is in View-Only mode. No transfers can be made via Online Banking during this time. Please use our Phone Access Line (PAL), call or visit a branch: 800.562.5515 or 206.298.9394 (option 1 for PAL).
July 23: Our new Online Banking and Bill Pay are live!
Here are some of the expanded features Salal Online Banking and Bill Pay users will enjoy:
- My View. Arrange your financial information the way you want it. Moveable “widgets” allow you to set up your Online Banking dashboard so you can see at a glance the information most important to you:
- your Salal accounts and balances, including checking, savings, loans and credit cards;
- secure messages from Salal in your inbox;
- recent transactions and transfers;
- “Did You Know” tips to help you make the most of your Online Banking
- From My View you can also:
- quickly arrange a transfer between your accounts, and
- download account reports to Quicken, MSN Money, Excel spreadsheets and more.
- Customizable alerts. Receive alerts when balances get above or below a certain amount you specify, or if a large transaction is conducted on your account. You can even send yourself a reminder of birthdays, anniversaries and other important dates! How you receive your Online Banking notification is also up to you: be alerted via email, text message, at login, or all three.
- Enhanced security. Our new Online Banking and Bill Pay are even more secure. The higher security requires just a minute or two of extra setup, but it’s quick, easy and worth the effort. We’ll provide instructions for logging in, so stay tuned to our website (salalcu.org) and blog (salalcublog.org) for details.
- Pay anyone. At Salal CU, we really like this feature and think you will too. Through Bill Pay, you can deposit money into someone’s account with just their email. Forgot your wallet at home? No worries, you can still go to lunch and immediately reimburse your buddy for your portion of the bill, electronically! It’s simple, secure, and all financial information remains confidential.
- Bill Shrink. Get coupons and other offers directly from Online Banking and save money on the goods and services you already buy!
- Gift checks. More flexible than gift cards and much more secure than cash, gift checks are the perfect way to send someone the gift that always fits: money! Via our Bill Pay system, funds plus a small fee are debited directly from your account, you provide the personal message, and we’ll send the check with a card. Gift checks are easy, secure, and always welcome!
- Rush payments. It happens to everyone—a bill gets lost in the pile of mail on the table, and suddenly you’re facing a late fee or interest rate increase. We’ve got you covered. For a small fee, you can still get that payment in on time, via Bill Pay’s Rush Payments service.
- Live Chat. Need help with Bill Pay? Request an electronic chat with a technician! Help is available Monday to Friday, 4:30 am to 11 pm PST. You can also call 855.207.9100 for assistance during these hours.
These are just some of the features our new Online Banking and Bill Pay offer, and we have even more in store which we’ll be rolling out later in the year. Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to our launch date! If you have questions, please feel free to visit your branch or call us at 800.562.5515 or 206.298.9394.