At Salal Credit Union, we believe strongly in supporting the communities in which we live and work. We have a long history with the local healthcare industry and professionals, and our giving is primarily focused on Washington State organizations providing healthcare assistance, education, and research.
Our contributions in 2013 totaled over $70,000 and included money donations, event sponsorships, and scholarships. Here are some of the organizations we supported in 2013:*
- Domestic Abuse Women’s Network (DAWN)
- Elder & Adult Day Services (EADS)
- International Community Health Services (ICHS)
- King County Nurses Association
- Scholarship in continuing education for nurses
- Make-A-Wish® Alaska and Washington
- March of Dimes
- Puget Sound Blood Center
- Seattle BioMed
- Washington Business Week(WBW)
- Education scholarships for exceptional high school students pursuing a career in healthcare
- Funding support for low-income students to attend the WBW Healthcare Pathway program
At Salal, we believe physical and financial health are critical to the success of individuals, their families, and their communities. It’s an honor to support organizations engaged in this very important work.